Culpeper County has several resources available for those citizens that believe that they are a victim of Domestic Violence and/or Abuse.
The Culpeper County Victim Assistance Program helps to ensure that victims of crime will receive fair and compassionate treatment throughout the judicial process. Our primary purpose is to help victims and witnesses prepare for trial through support and education.
The Culpeper County Victim Assistance Program provides the following services:
- Court accompaniment and advocacy.
- Information about your case; including updates on the police investigation, court dates, the outcome, and parole.
- Transportation assistance and/or escort to and from the court.
- Explanation of court procedures, your role as a possible witness, and/or a tour of the courtroom before you testify.
- Employer intercession as it relates to your case.
- Crisis intervention and referral to social service agencies and counseling agencies.
- Assistance in filing for compensation under the Crime Victim's Compensation Act.
- Assistance in preparing your Victim Impact Statement.
- Crime prevention information and assistance.
- Assistance with the recovery of personal property held as evidence.
- Monitoring of restitution as ordered by the courts.
CONTACT VICTIM/WITNESS PROGRAM:
Phone: (540) 727-3413
Fax: (540) 727-3431
Services to Abused Families, Inc.
Providing Shelter, Support & Advocacy to Survivors of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
24/7 hotline: (540) 825-8876