Board of Supervisors
Citizen Advisory Committees
Court and Public Records
Frequently Asked Questions
Mission and Values
Culpeper County Government will strive to provide an environment which promotes a prosperous community dedicated to the health and safety of its citizens while providing educational opportunities and data driven, citizen centered, performance based management.
Culpeper County will strive to achieve the highest quality of life possible for our community through comprehensive, innovative, responsive, and meaningful services effectively delivered by motivated and skilled employees guided by visionary leadership.
Administration of Government
1. Responsible management of County resources
2. Provide effective programs, efficiently managed and professionally delivered
3. Carry out the vision & mission of the Board of Supervisors.
1. Encourage a community that welcomes diversity and inclusion
2. Develop a culture that promotes innovation
3. Keep citizens informed about County operations, policies, and programs
1. Provide the necessary infrastructure to support business development consistent with the Comprehensive Plan
2. Attract a wide spectrum of businesses
3. Recruit businesses that will raise our standard of living
4. Seek businesses that have a strong tradition of corporate stewardship
1. Protect people and property through effective enforcement of laws and delivery of services
1. Maintain and improve our natural environment
2. Increase collaboration with our regional partners to recognize each others needs to share our natural resources
Quality of life
1. Promote and encourage a safe, prosperous, and healthy environment
2. Create opportunities for a comprehensive education emphasizing efficient use of resources that nurtures and stimulates the maximum potential of our residents.
3. Enhance and protect the rural integrity and atmosphere of our County
4. Promote our history to the fullest extent so as to understand our past and guide us into the future