Culpeper County Emergency Response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – Culpeper County would like to convey to all of its citizens that we are prepared and plans are in place to properly respond to this outbreak.
The Culpeper County Department of Emergency Services has completed an Emergency Response Plan in coordination with numerous agencies and the County Board of Supervisors. The Plan is fluid and is subject to change. Click here for guidance from the County and links to important sources of additional information.
Welcome to the Office of Emergency Management Services. Our mission is to reduce the loss of life and property from all types of hazards through a comprehensive program of mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery.
Every year, the citizens of Culpeper County face potential disasters and emergencies and their consequences. We do not always know when emergencies or disasters will occur but if we plan ahead and know what to do before they happen, we will be better prepared to face them. Disasters can be acts of nature such as tornadoes, floods, and winter storms, or man-made events such as a hazardous materials spill, failure of a utility system, or an act of terrorism.
This page is designed to provide you with information pertaining to the status of Culpeper's emergency management system as well as links to useful information in planning and preparing for emergencies and disasters.
The Office of Emergency Management Services is responsible for providing community outreach in disaster preparedness. Other responsibilities include:
- Coordinating countywide response to a disaster situation
- Ensuring disaster assistance is available to all government agencies, businesses, and citizens of Culpeper
- Providing assistance to managers of various county agencies playing key roles in disaster response and recovery operations
- Sign up for Rave Alert.
- Turn around. Don't drown! Details about never driving through high water.
- Try the new online tool from ReadyNOVA. It is available to develop emergency preparedness plans for northern Virginia families and businesses.