|The Culpeper County Emergency Communications Center serves as the county's public safety answering point for fire, rescue, and police incidents, using the county's Enhanced-9-1-1 (E-9-1-1) system. The center operates 24 hours a day. Emergency and non-emergency fire and rescue calls are processed and police-related calls are transferred to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
Each shift includes workers who are certified in various aspects of emergency medical dispatch and who meet the standards set by the national Association of Public Communications Officers (APCO).
What Numbers to Call
- In an emergency, dial 9-1-1.
- In a non-emergency, call (540) 727-7900.
In addition to the Emergency Communications Center, the Communications and Support Services Division's functions include:
- Coordination and support of the telecommunications program
- Maintenance of public safety Geographic and Information Systems (GIS) data
- Programming, updating, and maintaining mobile radios
- Support of computer information systems
For More Information
William Martin, Director of E911
Culpeper County Public Safety Communications Center
14022 Public Safety Ct.
Culpeper, Va. 22701
Ph: (540) 727-7900