New address - 19206 Edwin Way (off Stevensburg Road)
Culpeper, VA 22701
Three brothers shared the vision of preserving land for community use. Thus, the brothers set aside approximately 85 acres of land donated to the County of Culpeper for recreational purposes. The property itself parallels Route 663 or known as Stevensburg Road to the west. The natural bubbling water of Mountain Run creek separates the neighboring farmland to the south while agricultural farmland defines the east and northern boundaries.
The brothers envisioned their fields as an area of activity for community families. The park provides visitors with breath taking views of farm land and rolling hills. Not only beautiful property, the park has civil war significance that played a major role in the 1863 Battle of Brandy Station between Federal and Confederate Calvary soldiers. To the east sits a lone cannon reminiscent of the original that assisted in thwarting the advancement of those advancing Federal forces.
Lenn Park amenities currently include:
- A replica cannon accompanied with an informational stand
- Two adult softball fields
- An amphitheater
- A pavilion with indoor activity room [floor plan]
- Activity room - 40’ x 30’ (occupancy 60)
- Inside seating - 8 tables and 60 chairs
- Warming kitchen – 10’ x 19’
- 2 indoor bathrooms
- Outdoor picnic shelter – 40’ x 60’ (seated occupancy approximately 60-80)
Site includes 10 picnic tables, horseshoe pitching court, fire ring with benches.
- Building ADA Accessible
- One general public mini-picnic shelters;
- Two ADA compliant mini-picnic shelters;
- One picnic grove with three picnic tables and two charcoal grilles;
- Multi-use roadway and trail system – approximately 2.5 miles;
- Scout, 4-H and organized youth overnight camping area;
- Mt. Run creek for catch and release fishing;
- One multi-use activity field;
- A radio-controlled air plane air field;
- Two ADA and general public portable toilets at softball fields and large playground;
- Sand volleyball court;
- Pollinator garden;
- Adult exercise equipment at the picnic grove.
- Additional mini-picnic shelters;
- Shading for amphitheater;
- Paving the roadway and parking lot to the pavilion, down to the large playground;
- Additional paving the softball parking lot.
Pavilion, and ball fields are available for reservations. For more information call 540-727-3412 ext 4.
Rental Information of the Lenn Park Pavilion can be found on page "Parks & Facilities"
Remote Control Model Airplane Flying at Lenn Park
Culpeper County's Lenn Park includes the Lenn Model Airpark, a remote control flying field for model airplanes. Lenn Model Airpark is operated by the Culpeper Model Barnstormer's Remote Control Club through an agreement with the county. Spectators are always welcome.
Guest flyers, who are members of the Academy of Model Aeronautics, may fly when accompanied by a club member. Additionally free instruction in remote control flying is offered by the Culpeper Model Barnstormers to its club members. The club is affiliated with the Academy of Model Aeronautics, a national organization of more than 175,000 members that was created in 1936 to promote model aviation, competition, and safe model flying.
For more information please check out the Culpeper Model Barnstormer's website at: "http://www.cmbclubrc.com".