Election of the Supervisors is held as a part of the State's general election in November in odd-numbered years. An organizational meeting is held each year in January, at which time the Board elects one of its members to serve as chairman and another to serve as vice-chairman for the calendar year. The Board of Supervisors has both administrative and legislative responsibilities. The powers and duties of the local Board of Supervisors include:
- Review and adoption of a budget and appropriation of funds and the levy of taxes;
- Appointment of members to various boards and committees;
- Construction and maintenance of County buildings and property;
- Adoption of the County's Comprehensive Land Use Plan, approving and enforcing zoning and other land use ordinances; and
- Adoption and enforcement of ordinances for police, sanitation, land use, and all other purposes as permitted by the Code of Virginia.
- Chairman: Gary M. Deal
Vice-Chairman: William C. Chase, Jr.
Seated (L/R): C. Jack Frazier, Cedar Mountain District; Alexa V. Fritz, Salem District; Sue D. Hansohn, Catalpa District; Brad C. Rosenberger, Jefferson District; Steven L. Walker, East Fairfax District; Gary M. Deal, Chairman, West Fairfax District; William C. Chase, Jr., Vice-Chairman, Stevensburg District; Standing (L/R): Bobbi Jo Alexis, County Attorney; John Egertson, County Administrator; Kim Ellis, Deputy Clerk to the Board of Supervisors.
** Click on the name of the Board Member to obtain contact information. **