The Department of Environmental Services responsibilities range from overseeing the operation of the citizen recycling convenience centers and the Solid Waste Transfer Station; management and disposal of municipal solid waste and monitoring of the County's closed landfill facility. The department also provides water and sewer service to residents and businesses in a variety of service areas throughout the County. The Environmental Services department knows that keeping a clean, safe environment is only possible through a partnership between the County agencies and its residents.
· Waste disposal services: We provide responsive, cost-effective waste disposal services for residents of Culpeper County. This includes overseeing the operations of the citizen recycling convenience centers and the Solid Waste Transfer Station.
· Water Service: The department supplies water service and/or sewer service for the South Wales community, Terremark, Industrial Airpark, Mitchells community, Emerald Hill Elementary School, Eastern View High School and Montanus Drive businesses.
· Buildings & Grounds Maintenance: The department is responsible for the maintenance of County buildings and grounds.
· Reporting Water Pollution
· The Culpeper Soil and Water Conservation District has created a brochure to assist citizens in determining who to call if they think a local body of water is polluted. It also addresses who to contact in the event of an erosion problem. The brochure is in PDF format and is 191 KB in size: http://culpeperswcd.org
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event
Culpeper County’s Household Hazardous Waste Collection event is currently not scheduled. Check back for update on future date and time.