So, you're new to Culpeper? Here are some facts that you'll need to know.
For individuals and businesses, taxes are levied on Real Estate at a rate of .73¢ per hundred. Personal Property is divided into the following categories:
- Vehicles - $ 3.50 per hundred
- Recreational Property - $ 1.50 per hundred
- Business Equipment - $ 3.50 per hundred
- Machinery & Tools - $ 2.00 per hundred
- Bus (29+ Passengers)- $1.00 per hundred
- Manufactured Homes - .73¢ per hundred
- Aircraft - .4¢ per hundred
Vehicle License Tax Fee
Culpeper County charges an annual Vehicle License Tax Fee for vehicles and for motorcycles. This fee will be automatically billed on the annual personal property tax bill for those licensed vehicles owned in the county at any time during the tax year.
Vehicles - $ 25.00
Motorcycles - $ 15.00
All dogs must be licensed. At this time, cats and other pet animals do not need a pet license. For more information, please visit the Pet Licensing page.